Error when trying to activate the solution.

Jan 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I am fairly new to Sharepoint 2010.

I used your install.exe and was able to install the solution.

It is showing under the Solution Management in Central Administration.  It say it is deployed globally.  Then I went to the site and to "site settings", then "site collection features".  when I click on Activate, I get the following message:

An unexpected error has occurred.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: 3be57d0e-476a-48da-bb85-09177d0e8bce

Date and Time: 1/11/2012 2:41:25 PM

Please let me know what I have done wrong.

thanks, Karin

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately you cannot active the feature from web page. Instead, you have to active it through code (stsadm or powershell script).

Best regards,

Eric Fang

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 6:42 AM, edmondka <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I am fairly new to Sharepoint 2010.

I used your install.exe and was able to install the solution.

It is showing under the Solution Management in Central Administration. It say it is deployed globally. Then I went to the site and to "site settings", then "site collection features". when I click on Activate, I get the following message:

An unexpected error has occurred.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: 3be57d0e-476a-48da-bb85-09177d0e8bce

Date and Time: 1/11/2012 2:41:25 PM

Please let me know what I have done wrong.

thanks, Karin

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (efworkflowtimer@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email efworkflowtimer@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM

What would be the command to add this to the site?  There was no install.txt file or instructions on this.  I thought it would install as others have have completed on my site so far.  Sorry I am confused on the install.

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM
It was included in the .rar file.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM, edmondka <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

What would be the command to add this to the site?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (efworkflowtimer@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email efworkflowtimer@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM

edmondka, i got a PM from you asking about this. He is talking about deploying the solution manually by looking at the batch file. You should go through each step manually and see where it is erroring out. I would probably remove it first as well. the batch file is reproduced below:

# sets the environment variable where your sharepoint command line file STSADMN is located. This is the program doing the work.
@SET STSADM="c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\14\bin\stsadm"
# stops the administrator service for sharepoint. net stop SPAdminV4
# adds the solution to be available to sharepoint %STSADM% -o addsolution -filename .\EFWorkflowTimer.wsp %STSADM% -o execadmsvcjobs
# deploys it to the cluster as installed %STSADM% -o deploysolution -name EFWorkflowTimer.wsp -immediate -allowgacdeployment -force %STSADM% -o execadmsvcjobs
# activates the solution for a particular sharepoint website %STSADM% -o activatefeature -name EF_EFWorkflowTimer -url http://WEBSITEURLofWHEREyouWANTtheSOLUTIONdeployed %STSADM% -o execadmsvcjobs
# starts administrative service net start SPAdminV4
# reloads the timer service on the server net stop "SharePoint 2010 Timer" net start "SharePoint 2010 Timer"

For me, this solution didnt work with recursive appointments on a calendar, so i dont currently use it.